Translator

Subscribe via E-mail

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Register to Vote

Green Is Better

Cynthia McKinney & Rosa Clemente News

Feed the Hungry

The Hunger Site

Live Traffic Feed

Neo Counter

Better Than Cable

Surf the Web With Firefox

Snap Shots

Get Free Shots from Snap.com

Sunday, March 23, 2008

These Are Still My Joints!!!



"Freedom (R&B Version)"



"Freedom (Rap Version)"

Man, I still love these joints. They made me feel so good and empowered when I first heard them. I was 13 at the time (Dag, I'm getting old, LOL!) and it just made an impression on me to see healthy, inspiring, different images of Black women on TV. Boy do I miss that.

In my opinion, during this time, there was such a huge surplus of talented artists and the vehicle for variety was there. I wish it could be that way again. Nowadays, finding good music is a project as it is not as simple as turning on the radio and/or the TV to discover refreshing new artists. Thank God for the Internet though.

No comments: